Modeling and Simulations
Simulations has been involved with a series of U.S. DoD programs since 2003.
Simulation performs analytical modeling and simulations of DoD propulsion systems, hypersonic projectiles, internal ballistic structural response of integrated launch packages, gun-launched guide projectiles, rocket structures, electromagnetic railguns and components, in-flight aerodynamic and trajectory modeling, lightweight composite sabots, aeroshell structures, and propulsion components. Simulations recent DoD customers are the U.S. Army Research Lab (ARL), U.S. Army CCDC, U.S. Navy, Strategic Capabilities Office (SCO), the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of Naval Research, (ONR), Lockheed Martin Space Systems, KRATOS Defense and Rocket Support Systems, The Raytheon Missile and Defense Systems, and The Boeing Company.
We service the commercial and government industries. Our technologists have designed space and aeronautical systems, medical devices, military defense systems, military rotary and fixed-wing aircraft, automotive components, commercial off-the-shelf products, customized diagnostics, an assortment of specialized tooling and molds, and a career’s list of composite materials.
We perform non-linear implicit and explicit simulations daily using finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics, and 3D parametric and automated modeling, all backed by classically fundamental mathematical principles. As a design, analysis, and materials development firm, our specialty is conceptualization, prototyping, and out-of-the-box innovation which many times requires novel manufacturing tool design.
- LS-DYNA™ Explicit Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- ANSYS™ Suite of FEA Products
- Mach 6+ Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Aeroballistic Design and Trajectory Modeling (PRODAS™)
- 2D and 3D Composite Material Architecture Design (In-House Code AwSIM™)
- Micro and Meso Composites Characterization via Representative Volume Element (RVE)
- Ceramics Statistical Characterization Modeling
- Internal Ballistics Structural Performance Modeling (In-House Code FATE™)
- 3D Solid Modeling
- 2D Drawings
- Kinematic Animation
- Reverse Engineering
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- ANSI, ISO, ASTM, MIL, NASA, DOD,FDA, etc.
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE)