Composite Materials: Engineering & Manufacturing
Composites Engineering & Manufacturing
Simulations custom designs and manufactures composite materials. We perform complete structural, thermal, impulse, impact, and fatigue analysis. We have our own in-house custom written software, AwSIM™, which predicts the anisotropic properties such as strength, stiffness, Poisson, and more.
AwSIM™ begins with the fundamental fiber and matrix properties constituent properties, predicts the unidirectional and lamina anisotropic stiffness and strengths, and then predicts the full-up composite laminate material stiffness and strengths. AwSIM™ also develops optimized lay-up architectures as well as predicts progressive damage for composites. AwSIM™ is based on classical composite theory that incorporates empirical industry and in-house tests properties at Simulations. Simulations performs in-house CNC and conventional machining of metals and composites. A specialty of Simulations is boron-based composite design, machining, and testing composites: all performed in-house.
Our composites and conventional manufacturing capabilities consist of, but not limited to:
- High Pressure / High Temperature Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) manufacturing, tool design, and tool fabrication.
- Vacuum Assisted Resin Transfer Molding (VARTM)
- Bladder, Expandable Rubber, Mandrel Based Tooling
- Carbon, Boron, Glass, and Nano fibers.
- BMI, Cyanate Ester, Polyimides Two-Part Epoxies,